TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Rate information and availability
Rates are subject to availability, and are current but are subject to change without prior notification
All rates quoted include Value Added Tax (VAT) at the prevailing rate, currently at 14%
All rates are charged per apartment/Room per night on a room only basis
Check in time is from 15H00
Check out time is 10H00
By law, positive personal identification will be required upon check in: i.e. passport, SA drivers license or an Identity Document is acceptable.
In order to guarantee your reservation, one of the following must be provided:
- Payment from one of the following recognized credit cards: American Express, Diners, Masters or Visa Card
- Proof of full payment for your accommodation within 48 hours of making your reservation.
- Should your stay commence within these 48hours, full payment is required immediately
- Rates may be changed without prior notification, however, payments received prior to such change will not be affected by a rate change
- Provisional reservations: Until receipt of payment, all reservations are deemed provisional and are not guaranteed
- Urban Hip Hotels reserves the right to cancel any reservations where payment has not been received.
- Reservations must be cancelled 48 hours (2 days) prior to arrival to avoid full 100% Cancellation Fees
- The hotel may require a deposit at check in to cover incidental charges or damages which are not included in the rate.
You agree that if this transaction constitutes an electronic transaction as defined in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 (as amended) and that a binding agreement has been concluded between Urban Hip Hotels and you in terms of which you authorize Urban Hip Hotels to deduct from, or to debit, the credit card the amount owing for services rendered or to be rendered and that your written signature shall not be required for authorization purposes.
FIT: Cancellation Policy
Al l Individual reservations must be cancelled 48 hours (2 days) prior to arrival to avoid cancellation charges
Group: Cancellation Policy
All group’s cancellations must be done in writing
All extras to be paid on departure.
Group reservations will only be confirmed on receipt of a 50% deposit of the total amount due.
This deposit must be received within 14 working days of the signature of the contract / document. Failing which this reservation will lapse.
These rooms will be placed back into the hotels availability and will then be available on a first come first serve basis. The FULL rooming list is required one month (30 days) prior to the group’s arrival
All cancellations / Amendments are subject to the following conditions:
- 120 – 90 Days: The Agent has the right to amend or cancel or commit themselves to the number of rooms required without cancellation charges
- 90 – 60 Days: If the reservation is cancelled more than 60 days before the date of arrival, the deposit will be refunded less a cancellation fee of 10% of the full contracted value.
- 60 – 45 Days: 50% Cancellation fees will apply
- Less than 45 Days: 100% cancellation fees will apply
The Hotel also has the right in circumstances where the hotel is in the position to accept another confirmed reservation, to request the operator to confirm the reservation made, in which event the operator shall within 48 hours of receipt of advice from the hotel either:
- Confirm the reservation, in which case the operator shall furnish the hotel with a 50% deposit of the total value of the reservation, such deposit to be received no later than 7 days after reconfirmation of the reservation.
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
? Bank Transfers – Please use the Property banking details
? On each Pro-Forma Invoice that is sent out after Reservation is made,
the Banking details for that particular hotel is on the relevant Pro-Forma
The Reservation Number OR Guest Name should be used as a Ref: when making the payment. Once payment has been made, proof should be either faxed to: 27 11 6156179 OR E-mailed to: email@example.com
All bookings under this agreement shall be subject to the following terms & conditions:
- All invoices shall be due upon presentation. Queries in respect of specific invoices shall not affect immediate payment of any other outstanding amounts. Any amount payable by the Customer to the Hotel in terms of this agreement and not paid on the due date, shall accrue interest at 2% (two percent) above the prime bank overdraft rate as advised by the Hotel’s Bankers.
- The hotel reserves the right to cancel any booking forthwith and without liability on its part in the event of any damage to, or destruction of any of the allocated rooms by fire, vis major, act of god, any shortage of labour or strikes, lockouts, and industrial unrest, or any other causes beyond the control of the hotel which shall prevent it from performing its obligations in connection with any booking.
- Neither the Hotel nor its agents or employees shall be liable for any damage or loss which may be caused to any of the goods of the Customer, its employees or invitees brought into the premises neither for whatever reason, nor to any injury or loss of life to the Customer or its employees or invitees howsoever caused. The Customer further indemnifies and holds harmless the Hotel against any claim that may be made against the Hotel by any third party relating to the provisions of the clause.
- The Customer shall be responsible for any damage caused to the allocated rooms, furnishings, utensils and equipment therein, by any act or admission of the Customer or guests/ employee of the Customer.
- The Customer shall not be entitled to a sign or cede the booking to any third party nor utilise the Hotel’s facilities for any purpose than that stated without the Hotel’s prior written consent, which shall not be reasonably withheld.
- A certificate signed by the general manager or financial controller of the Hotel showing the amount owing by the Customer at any one time and reflecting the amount thereupon as due and unpaid shall be prima face proof of the effect therein stated for the purpose of any action (whether by way of provisional sentence or otherwise) shall be sufficient proof of the Customers indebtedness of insolvency or for any purpose whatsoever.
- Any indulgence shown to the Customer shall not constitute a waiver or novation of the Hotel’s rights.
- All information obtained in any brochure, or catalogue (or which accompanies or forms part of any tender made by the Hotel), which shall include prices, is subject to change and the Hotel will not be bound to comply exactly therewith. The Hotel shall not be liable for any accuracy’s in any brochures or information supplied by it which the customer fails to verify with the Hotel management. Where a price increase is necessitated the Customer will be notified by the Hotel.
- The Hotel shall have the right to cancel this agreement by written notice to the Customer in the event that the Customer is placed under provisional or final liquidation, Judicial management or sequestration or commits any act of insolvency as defined in the insolvency act.
- Advises, recommendations or opinions by representatives of the Hotel are given and expressed in good faith and shall not constitute representations of any descriptions, and shall not give rise to any claim against the Hotel or such representatives.
- The Customer chooses domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement at the trading/residential address set out earlier in this agreement until the Customer notifies the Hotel in writing of the change of address.
- This agreement constitutes the whole agreement between the parties and no warranties or representations, whether expressed or implied not stated herein shall be binding on the parties. No agreement at variants with the terms and conditions herein shall be binding on the parties unless reduced to writing and signed by or on behalf of the parties by duly authorised persons.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of The Republic Of South Africa, and in the event of the Hotel having to institute legal proceedings against the Customer in terms of this agreement, then the Customer agrees to pay the Hotel all costs incurred in respect of such action on a scale as between attorney and own client,
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Any person accessing this website (user) is subject to, and agrees to, the terms and conditions set out in this legal notice. If the user does not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, the user may not access, display, use or download and/or otherwise copy or distribute content obtained at this website.
- Usage and copyright
Users may view, copy, download to a local drive, print and distribute the content of this website, or any part thereof for informational or reference purposes only and for non-commercial purposes.
Users who wish to use content from this site for commercial purposes may only do so with the prior written permission obtained from Hotelian at telephone number 0861 226 787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any reproduction and/or copy of the content or portion thereof for commercial purposes must include this copyright notice in its entirety © Hotelian All Rights Reserved.
All moral rights and any other rights of Hotelian or other legal entity in respect of which content is contained on this site not expressly granted are reserved.
- Intellectual property rights
All content, data and trademarks, including, but not limited to, software, technology, databases, know-how, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, designs, program, publication, product, process, or idea described in this website may be the subject of other rights, including other intellectual property rights, which are the property of or licensed to Hotelian:, or a legal entity, and as such are protected from infringement by South African legislation and international treaties and conventions. Subject to the rights afforded to the user herein, all other rights to all intellectual property on this website is expressly reserved and by accessing data on this website the user is not licensed or authorised.
The information on this website is intended to provide general information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subject(s).
It is the sole responsibility of the user to satisfy itself prior to accessing this website that the website will meet the user’s individual requirements and be compatible with the user’s hardware and/or software. Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this site should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Hotelian or any legal entity in respect of which information, ideas and opinions are expressed on this website. Users are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this site.
Hotelian makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this site are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free or will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. This site is provided “as is”. Hotelian expressly disclaims all implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, and accuracy and makes no express or implied representations or warranties regarding the content of the website and that the website has been compiled or supplied to meet the user’s individual requirements. Users are encouraged to report any possible errors, malfunctions or offensive material by using the contact us link.
The use of the content of this website is at the user’s own risk. The user assumes full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from the use of the content of this site. Hotelian or any of the legal entities in respect of which information are contained on this site, or employees of Hotelian or such entity, will not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages or any other damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, statute, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), or otherwise, relating to the use of this document or information.
If any of the foregoing is not fully enforceable for any reason, the remainder shall nonetheless continue to apply. Subject to sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, Hotelian shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this website or the services or content provided from and through this website.
Certain links in the web site lead to resources maintained by third parties over whom Hotelian has no control. Hotelian makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy of, or any other aspect relating to, those resources.
The provisions of Part 2 of Chapter III of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 is hereby excluded from applying to any electronic communications and data messages that a user sends to Hotelian via this website. Any communication or data message that a user sends to Hotelian will be regarded having been received by Hotelian when receipt is acknowledged in writing. If the user’s does not receive a response within a reasonable period of time, the user should follow it up with Hotelian. Hotelian shall not be liable for any failure to respond.
If a user requires any information from Hotelian regarding its services or the content of this website, the contact us link could be used.
Hotelian has in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect all information provided by users from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. All reasonable steps will be taken to secure a user’s information. Authorised employees, who are responsible for the maintenance of any sensitive data submitted, are required to maintain the confidentiality of such data. The policy applies to all employees of Hotelian or public bodies that may receive such information from Hotelian:. It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, or entity to gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website, or to deliver or attempt to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website. If a person delivers or attempts to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website, a criminal charge will be laid against that person, and, if Hotelian or any public body should suffer any damage or loss, civil damages will be claimed.
We welcome third party websites to link to the information that is hosted on these pages.
It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, entity or website to frame any page on this website, including the home page, in any way whatsoever, without the prior written approval of Hotelian.
- Links to third party websites
Hotelian may provide links to other websites only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply Hotelian endorsement of such sites. Linked websites or pages are not subject to the control of Hotelian. Hotelian is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for the contents, use, or inability to use or access any linked websites or any links contained in a linked website.
The privacy statement applies to Hotelian and any legal entity, which controls, verifies or makes use of information that may be collected via this site.
A user may visit this site without providing any personal information. A user, however, agrees to the use of such data in accordance with this privacy statement. Please note that this site may contain links to other sites which are not being governed by this privacy statement.
If a user has any questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement or the user’s privacy while using this Website, the contact us link could be used.
Personal information is used only for limited purposes e.g. when a user registers with the website to request future communications about Hotelian areas of interest. They may use the information a user submits to create a personal profile to customise its response to further requests or inquiries and to improve the website. When a user chooses to register online for a Hotelian -hosted event, Hotelian will use the information the user submits to respond to the user. In addition, the web administrator may, where necessary, use a user’s information for various site related tasks. Hotelian will ensure that any marketing activities comply with applicable law and that it is implemented with procedures to obtain the necessary consent before sending the user’s e-mail containing information about Hotelian services. The user may at any time request that Hotelian discontinues sending such materials to the user by using the contact us or unsubscribe link.
- Access to personal information
If personal information has been submitted to this website, users who wish to review their personal information may do so by requesting such a review through the contact us link. Users will then be able to access their user profile, correct and update their details, or unsubscribe at any time. Users who have any problem accessing their profiles, or would like to request a copy of their personal information should contact the web administrator using the contact us link. In all cases Hotelian will treat requests to access information or change information in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Nothing contained herein creates or is intended to create a contract or agreement between Hotelian and any user visiting the website.
- Children’s privacy protection
Hotelian recognises the importance of protecting children’s privacy in the interactive online world.
These terms and conditions of use constitute the entire professional or other relationship between Hotelian and the user of this website. Any failure by Hotelian to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms and conditions of use shall in no way constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term or condition of the use of this website is not fully enforceable or valid for any reason, such term(s) or condition(s) shall be severable from the remaining terms and conditions. The remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected by such unenforceability or invalidity and shall remain enforceable and applicable.
- Updating of these terms and conditions
Hotelian reserves the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these terms and conditions of use from time to time. Changes to these terms and conditions of use will take effect upon such changes being posted to this website. It is the user’s obligation to periodically check these terms and conditions of use at this website for changes or updates. The user’s continued use of this website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the user’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these terms and conditions of use, including such changes or updates.
- Information about website and owner
The full name and legal status of the website owner is:
Ian Shayler, a citizen of the Republic of South Africa, as represented by Hotelian.
Contact details of website owner: 0861 226 787